Saturday 26 March 2011

Gun Barrel scene complete - just need a decision!

Finally, I have finished the gun barrel scene for the end of my animation. I noticed after posting last night that the blood material magnified the rest of the scene. This of course was a problem. To solve it I adjusted the material. Instead of using raytrace in the refraction map, I used the opacity map with an opacity base setting. After some experimenting around, I decided on 50%. In the scene view, the material appears to be uneven around the edges on the blood but when rendered it is completely fine.





I also cut the length of the scene down to eight seconds and changed some of the timings within the scene. When I was happy I rendered and got this result.





After rendering that video I was very pleased but then I remembered when I first made the gun barrel the two materials were the other way round. I decided to switch them back (the two IDs for the raytrace and black material) and render again as it couldn't hurt to see the outcome.





I am now presented with a tough decision! The first video is more realistic to Bond as it contains the black gun barrel, however the second video looks more visually impressive. I especially like the part where the bullet fires, you see the reflection in the raytrace of the barrel. I will ask around and see which people think I should use!

No comments:

Post a Comment