Thursday 24 March 2011

Gun Barrel with bullet

My next draft of the gun barrel scene includes Bond firing a bullet back at the camera. I firstly imported a bullet in from my gun model made a few weeks back. I had to angle the bullet in such a way that it shot back at the camera. This was fiddly and I had to use the local view to fire the bullet at an angle. The bullet material was an ongoing problem too as I wanted the bullet to be gold as there is lots of silver in the scene. Firstly, I tried using the pro metal material, but could not get a gold effect so i I resorted to using a standard metal effect (change the blinn drop down to metal). I could then customize the colour, I also added a falloff effect to the reflection map. This gives a nice light reflection when the bullet is fired. I experimented with the specular level and glossiness until I was happy with the results.





After I got the bullet on the correct line, the animation process was fairly simple. I used set key to fire the bullet when the camera was in the correct position. The only problem is that the bullet is visible in shot before it is fired by Bond, you see it move as the camera zooms down the barrel. I will address this problem tomorrow, as well as starting work on the blood that will drip down the camera! That's that for tonight, time for some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment